Sunday, January 14, 2007

I've created a monster...

It's currently about 11:45 Atlantic time here in Halifax. I, being me, went to bed around 1:00 am and got up at a reasonable hour. The hubby however, is another story...

We went out for dinner last night to Hamachi House (amazing Japanese, gotta try it) for a friend's birthday, and afterwards, the hubby went out to a sports bar with some of the boys because one of them was in town for the weekend. He was home at a reasonable hour, but did he go to bed then? Nooooo....

He stayed up until 10:00 this morning watching Heroes! He literally watched the entire first half of the season (we've got one episode to go, which we're going to watch together) in a night!!! He's nuts! I mean, I know that it's a fantastic show, and incredibly addictive, but I have a huge aversion to all nighters, so I completely can't comprehend how (or why!) he pulled that off. For all of you Ontarians, did you go to Wondergrad in high school? That was basically the only all-nighter I've pulled in the last, oh, decade.

Needless to say, the hubby is currently snoozing, and I'm back to reading for my Western novels class. Roughing It is incredibly funny, and Mark Twain totally rocks. And I get to give my seminar on Brokeback Mountain! (Sometimes I just get tired of doing seminars on books, so a movie is a nice change.) If you've seen it and have an opinion, let me know, 'cause ideas are good. Enjoy your Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaa Go Jonathan!! I havent done an all nighter in a while, although there was a day in October (before I was working) that I was up till 5 or 6 am on the computer. lol... however I do regular late night scrapbooking sessions at a friends every couple weeks - last night we were there till 3:15 am. lol. We even made 6 minute brownies at midnight - it was a great girls night! Blaise loves heroes, I watch it here and there, not really a follower, but its a good show. Hope Jon isn't too sleepy today. lol
Mar
ps. love the raven shot.

Anonymous said...

I still pull alot of all nighters, but I can't say that I have done that for entertainment purposes in awhile. (4:30 am on New Year's doesn't count.) I did stay up until 3:30pm watching Scrubs episodes that I got for Christmas, but that's definitely not an all nighter, since it's my regular bedtime during school.