Sunday, May 20, 2007

Recipe- Pumpkin Pudding


I've been reading this book called Superfoods Rx lately, which is where this recipe came from. The premise of the book is that there are certain foods that are especially nutritious, and in news to me, pumpkin is one of them. I like it, but it's a bit hard to find ways to cook it other than pie, you know? This recipe looked easy and tasty, aside from being nutritious, so I decided to give it a try, and it turned out quite well. I think it'll be even better cold.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 3 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. grated ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 omega-3 eggs
  • 1 x 700 mL can of pure pumpkin
  • 1 x 340 mL can of evaporated milk
INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Beat eggs in small bowl; combine beaten eggs and pumpkin with dry ingredients. Stir in evaporated milk. Bake in a shallow dish in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until edges are set and the centre is still wiggly. Serve warm or cold.

1 comments:

Melissa Dalgleish said...

Yup, I was right. I enjoy it much more cold. Hot, it's too much like pumpkin pie without the crust, but cold, it really is nice and pudding-y. Yum.