Saturday, June 02, 2007

Movie Review- Knocked Up

Judd Apatow is a genius. Really. From the outside, Knocked Up looks like it could be just another stupid guy movie that uses childbirth as a forum for endless gross-out biological gags. It's not. Peter Howell at The Toronto Star gave it four stars, and I always trust Peter and Geoff Pevere, so I went to see it, and I'm really glad I did.

This movie has such heart. Katherine Heigl and Seth Rogen are completely believable as a mismatched couple who end up knocked up, and the supporting cast is fantastic (especially Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann). I had no preconceptions about Heigl from Grey's (don't watch it), so I was pleasantly surprised. I loved, loved, loved this movie. See it! You will be converted. It really is too bad that the hubby wasn't here to see it, because it was the perfect date movie: a witty combination of chick flick and gross-out guy movie. Now I just have to go watch The 40-Year-Old Virgin, which I've only seen three quarters of; I want to actually finish watching the movie that made Apatow famous. He certainly did a good job this time around: I love a film that exceeds expectations, and Knocked Up did just that.

0 comments: