Thursday, March 27, 2008

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to York I go!

After successfully avoiding it for three degrees (applied for my B.A., didn't go; didn't apply for my B.Ed and M.A. 'cause I didn't really wanna go), I've given in. I'm going to York. And I'm thrilled! As much as I liked the idea of Mac's small campus, York is a good place to be. It
a) is still in Toronto
b) has tons of amazing courses that I'm so excited to take
c) is a big campus, which will push me out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing
d) is giving me lots of moolah

I'm mostly just really glad that the decision is made and I don't have to think about it anymore. I just have to go about registering for classes, etc. and keep plugging away at work. Life is good. I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL! Woot!

The hubby has taken to calling me Dr. Melissa. Sounds kinda cool.

In other academic news, my oh-so-fabulous, I wish Dalhousie was in Toronto so he could still be my supervisor, super-genius friend Dean was just granted over $2 million dollars by SSHRC for his editing project. Amazing! Congrats! And he so knows that I'm all over calling on his expertise for my next go-round of SSHRC applications, as he has apparently got it down!

In work news, my big development is mastering the booklet function on the big photocopier. Actually kinda fun, although it sounds lame on paper. Have to work next Saturday (French teacher's conference), which kinda sucks, but I get a lieu day for it, so I'm going to take my birthday, Monday, off. I also get to start planning our big launch party next week, so I'm off to meet with the event planner at our location and start choosing food etc. It's like I'm planning two weddings, actually, but as my mom has now taken over dealing with the catering, that's all good. And that's life for now. This weekend is a birthday dinner with my parents, as they are doing their annual "go see the Leafs play the Canadiens" weekend in Montreal next weekend; also planning to make a trip to J-Town, so I'll fill you in on all my Japanese goodies.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on York Dr. Melissa!!! Your right, that does sound cool. hehe