Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yea for York!

As the title of this post probably tells you, I got accepted to York today. They emailed me, the progressive people. And the same as UofT, I heard from them before it said anything on their online portal. They need to sync that up better. But I'm in!

I'm quite excited that I got accepted somewhere, even if it's not where I'd ideally like to go. I'm going to get my PhD! I'm going back to school in September! Just gotta figure out where. My mom & the hubby (the first two people that I called) are very excited. Unfortunately, the hubby is working late, and Mom is at home in Mississauga, so I'm going to celebrate by getting some takeout Thai food and renting a movie. Sounds like a good night to me!

York's offer is actually a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. Their funding package is fabulous, and they're offering some very interesting courses this year. So even if I don't get in to Mac, I've got a choice that I can be happy with. It's been a good Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mel!
<3 Mar

Melissa Dalgleish said...

Thanks, guys! I'm excited!