Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Elements of the Perfect Night Alone

  • Cheap Chinese takeout. Not really Chinese, mind you, but lots of saucy broccoli, which is the point of the exercise
  • A bit of leisurely shopping for spring work clothes. Once the sun comes out, I'm resolved not to wear so much black. So now I have coral and green, which make me cheerful.
  • Surfing of Lainey & Perez, my guilty pleasures.
  • A warm blanket, a cup of tea, and When Harry Met Sally. For some reason, I had this movie in my head the other day. I think it was because someone was singing something from Oklahoma, which made me think of the scene where they sing "Surrey with the Fringe on Top." I'm not 100% sure, but then, how often can you really accurately backtrack your own random trains of thought? Anyway, it was great.
  • Mel's specialty, homemade guacamole. I should have a Mexican food party and feed everyone my guac. I haven't done that since I lived in Japan in 2004 and it cost me about $15 for a package of tortillas. They were Old El Paso, though, which was kind of odd.
  • More tea, and a continuation of my reread of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, followed by early to bed.
Yes, I may be a sad homebody, but this was a goooood night. Besides, I've got lots of social stuff going on this week, so I'm saving up: tomorrow (lunch with new sales rep), Thursday (lunch with intern leaving), Friday (Pizza Day. Yes, we have work pizza day. We're nerds), Saturday (sushi with Carol & friend), Sunday (dinner with GHo and Loriann), Monday (my birthday), Wednesday (eat sushi til you're sick with Purple Mangos et al), Friday (dinner with Auntie Carol). So therefore, my lame girlie movie/shopping/tea night was very much justified. And now I'm going to go drink more tea. And mentally spend my work bonus, as although I missed our year in review (end of the fiscal year was yesterday), we apparently made our target. Yea!

0 comments: