Saturday, July 18, 2009

Not-So-Serious Problems

1. I can't find boots that I like that will fit me. You know what they say about tall girls. They have big....feet. Okay, that's completely the oldest and lamest joke ever, but whatever. You try being nearly six feet tall and finding boots that don't cost an arm and a leg, both of the latter which I need to wear the boots. I refuse to pay $40.00 in customs fees, thank you very much.

2. The glasses search is currently in dire straits. Off on an expedition tomorrow to explore new territory. I'm attempting to avoid looking like Rita Skeeter/Harry Potter/Drew Carrey, but other than that, I'm open. Except to contact lenses. You cannot get me to like them. Ever. I wore glasses at my damn wedding, so what other occasion could there possibly be that is not glasses appropriate? Me without glasses is like me without a nose, or some other key facial feature. Eyebrows, maybe?

3. The current object of my daydreams cannot remain as such (all men, even the made-up ones, are irrevocably flawed, which sadly crushes said fantasies in the end.) Must find new object of daydreams. Sad. But such is the nature of daydreams, so I can't really be that upset, and if I can't have some variety in people-who-exist-in-my-mind, where can I have it? But I will never give up Hugh Laurie. He is my one true daydream love. "Mystery" makes me laugh every time.

4. There are so many books in the world that I need and/or want to read that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Luckily I'm a speed-reader, and many of the books in the world can immediately be discounted as total and utter crap, which narrows the field quite a bit. Instead of being the crazy cat lady, I'm going to be the crazy book lady.

5. I have no idea what the hell I want to write my dissertation on. Luckily, I don't have to have the vaguest clue what the hell I want to write my dissertation on until sometime in 2010 or 2011. Thank god.

6. And for the round half-dozen: I haven't lived in a house with this many people in it since I lived in rez @ Queen's, and then, my door had a lock. Normally, I'm okay, but my parents are on vacation this week, which means that there is ALWAYS someone around, and I'm going a bit bonkers. Hence, my rambles in search of glasses tomorrow will be, happily, solitary. The crazy book lady is already emerging. Oh, well.

0 comments: