Thursday, October 01, 2009

Needing (Re)Vision...

Oho! Post 400! Happy birthday to the Miscellany. What more appropriate time to lament the Miscellany's current need for some serious revisions. Well, mostly just a new look. The old template has served me well, but it's time for an update. I'll try to make time for it sometime in the next few weeks; I'm not willing to give up the three-column layout, however, which limits my choices somewhat. We'll see what happens.

On the SSHRC front, I completed a draft I'm not ashamed of, and that made at least one person (Denise, god love ya!) say that she would instantly give me money based on the first two sentences. We'll see if the committee agrees. I doubt it. However, I've still got two weeks to get feedback and revise; if any of you would care to read it and give me your opinions, I'd be eternally grateful.

Busy weekend ahead. Journal mixer chez Sonia tomorrow night to get everyone working on it starting to know each other, blood donor clinic, and then Jeffy D's 26th birthday extravaganza on Saturday night, followed by drunken wandering around Nuit Blanche exhibits, little sleep (albeit of the highest quality at a swank downtown hotel, mind you), and greasy breakfast. You heard me right--I'm skipping yoga for brunch. The weekend of living dangerously.

And on that note: thank heavens it's two hours to Friday. I need me a break. And a massage. And a vacation. Two weeks to Reading Week. I hate the university president with the fire of a thousand suns, but at least he gave us a second reading week. Small mercies.

0 comments: