Thursday, November 23, 2006

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I love Harry Potter. I read the first four books in two days when I went to England in 2001, and I've read every book at least four times. However, I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Harry is just too full of angst. In the scenes at the Dursley's in the summer, before he goes back to Hogwart's, Harry wonders if Voldemort is bewitching him and messing with his personality. That's what I thought when I first read it. I know that 15 is a terrible age, but he drove me batty with his snarly snarkiness. That and I think that his taste in women in this book is atrocious (Cho? What was he thinking?)

Nonetheless, I'm very excited for the movie to come out on July 13th--it's been in my day planner for months already. I know that I'll be disappointed by what they chose to cut and (I've already got issues with Harry's new haircut), but I always look forward to the new film. I can't wait to see the scene with the Pensieve and the high-courts. But who's with me in looking forward to when Harry gets together with Ginny?

0 comments: