Friday, February 16, 2007

HAPPY READING WEEK!

Things I'd like to do (and will make an effort to do):

  • Read...but for fun.
  • Watch a bunch of DVDs that I've wanted to see lately (Babel, Letters from Iwo Jima, Bon Cop/Bad Cop, Interview with a Vampire, The Black Dahlia, An Inconvenient Truth, Pan's Labyrinth, Flags of Our Fathers)
  • Do some research for my thesis...or rather, read the stuff that I've already collected but haven't gotten around to yet.
  • Explore a part of Halifax that I haven't been to yet...perhaps the North End.
  • Sleep as much as possible.
  • Make more sushi...we bought sushi grade salmon, so that will be tomorrow.
  • Go for a long walk through Point Pleasant Walk.
  • Go skating at the arena on campus.
  • See Music and Lyrics. When it comes to romantic comedies, you can't get any better than either Hugh Grant or Drew Barrymore, and I want to see them both together.
  • Whatever random activities the hubby can come up with...he hasn't been very creative yet, but when he gets bored, I know he'll be up to the challenge.
So, enjoy your rest, and for all of you teachers, no complaining. You'll get March Break soon enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pan's Labyrinth is awesome, you'll love it :)

mar

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. All I'm going to be doing is reading (not for fun) and working. Well, to be fair, I have to read Remains of the Day for a class and that is fun, but I read half of it already in under an hour (on the bus), so the fun won't last very long.

Melissa Dalgleish said...

Oh, I love Remains of the Day. The movie is excellent as well; I mean, how can you go wrong with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson? What always amazes me is that a Japanese man was able to so completely catch the British-ness of it. But the sense of formality and restraint is the same, so it does make sense.