Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year's Eve!

We're back from a couple of days at the aunts' house. They live in the country, and so we got to do lots of country things, like walking through the woods, wicked tobogganing, and snoozing in front of the wood stove. It was, as usual, immensely relaxing. My back somehow completely spasmed last night, and but some serious heat and an anti-inflammatory later (no muscle relaxants for me, as they don't mix well with alcohol), I'm doing okay. I'm not going to let a little thing like that mess up New Year's Eve.

Tonight is yummy yummy food and then off to the Maddy to ring in the new year. I'm making champagne risotto with seared scallops for dinner. Another Nigella recipe, which I'll post if it turns out well. Frankly, it's risotto, it contains alcohol, and there's seafood along with it. How could it possibly go wrong? The sis and a gang of her/our friends are coming out with us tonight, along with some other of the hubby's friends, so it should be good times. Let's just hope that there aren't issues with getting in. It's going to be a madhouse, but it'll be fun all the same.

Hope you all have a great New Year's Eve, and I'll catch you in 2008.

0 comments: