Friday, January 04, 2008

My Guitar

For Mangos, who wanted to know what kind of guitar I've got. My dad and I bought her when I was a teenager. She's a Yamaha FG-336SBII (SB stands for sun-burst finish, which is why she's so pretty). They were made, from what I gather, in the mid-70s to early 80s, which makes her about as old as I am. She's in great shape, because I and her previous owner(s) have taken good care of her. She just needs to be restrung, as her strings are a good five years old, and they're too hard for my soft (hopefully soon to be callused) fingers.

I took guitar class in OAC, as I had already taken all of the other music classes by then, so I did know how to play fairly well at one point. However, I haven't played in a long time, and could use a serious refresher, which is why I start guitar class on the 16th. I've always doing something with music for fun (played bassoon seriously in high school, along with dabbling in the oboe, clarinet, and trumpet, and was in a choir for a long time), and I figured that it was time to get back into it. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comments:

haptown said...

Hey!! I have a Yamaha FG-336sbII as well! I've had mine since I was a teen back in the early 80's.
I was just googling to find some information on it and you blog came up. I realize this post of your is a bit old, but hey - I thought it would be fun to say 'hi' to another SBII owner.