Friday, January 25, 2008

One of those weeks

I just got back from a massage, and I'm feeling much better than I was earlier today. It was just one of those days, capping off one of those weeks. My right hand man (woman) was on vacation this week, so I was stuck taking care of all of the things that she would normally handle, and suffice it to say, it was stressful. This morning, one of my bosses (I have three) was on the verge of handing me a box of Kleenex, because apparently I didn't look too happy. I ended up having to call another boss at home on her day off in crisis mode, and I ended the day with a massive headache. However, after half an hour of Jennifer's magic hands, and another fifteen minutes in the sauna, I'm happy. More than happy, actually. Chilled out and blissed out is a better. And ready for a good weekend.

In wedding world, things are going well. The hubby's parents are giving us a trip to their condo in Florida for a week as a honeymoon, which is great. I think we're going to take a little trip to Disney, because I come from a family who never did family vacations, and so I've never been there. And I just found out that my parents are helping out a whole bunch, so that is a huge relief, and very much appreciated. I called the caterer to book him earlier today; he hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm sure he's at an event, which is a good sign. Popular caterers are good caterers, right? Things are going well! I'm going to start shopping for a dress soon, which will be fun. There are certainly no shortage of wedding dress shops in Toronto. And once we find a photographer, we're nearly done!

Let's see...weekend plans. Tonight, the hubby and I are having dinner at the Victory Cafe. I'm dying for one of their amazing club sandwiches and a Caesar salad. Theirs comes about as close to the Caesar at Rocco's as I've found yet in Toronto. Yummy! Tomorrow morning we'll hit the market (I'm hoping to score some good mussels. We've been talking about seafood at work all week for some reason, and I'm having a craving), and then I think we're going to see No Country for Old Men tomorrow night. I'm interested in seeing a different perspective of Cormac McCarthy after the strangeness that was Blood Meridian in Western Lit class last spring. Steph at work is going to trade me The Road for that one, so we'll see how each of us likes the other book.

On a completely different topic, I am totally sick of hearing about Heath Ledger. I wish that people would just leave it alone. Aside from the fact that his family deserves privacy, he's only one person, when so many other people are dying every day. Silly, really. And that's all I'm going to say about that!

Something I might decide to do on Sunday is go glasses shopping. My benefits started a couple of weeks ago, and I can't resist a new pair of specs. I'll post pics if I find any that I like. I'm thinking something funky is in order.

0 comments: