Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Things that currently are giving me great pleasure...

  • My favourite yummy green gunge, a.k.a. Mel's super special guacamole. I make a mean guac. It's all about the double whammy of lime zest and juice, plus just the right hit of Tabasco so that you feel the heat but don't taste it. Yum yum yum yum. As evidenced by the hubby, who is sitting next to me chowing down on it.
  • The huge vase full of pussy willows on my coffee table. It's almost spring!
  • Daylight savings time. I was ridiculously tired on Monday morning, but I'm hugely enjoying it being lighter out much later.
  • Dexter, Season 2. Why does everyone bash it? Dex & Lila are hot together!
  • The general outcry from friends and loved ones about my not getting into UofT. Me, I'm happy enough to keep thinking of them as elitist morons. And it really was the nicest rejection letter I've ever received.
  • MyWalt Disney World Without Kids guidebook. I can't wait to go to Epcot! I'm more excited about that than I am about the wedding, I think.
  • Hot House Cafe pasta. A-ma-zing! The hubby generally orders it on nights when he gets dinner on work's tab, and then brings the leftovers home for me to take for lunch (such a sweetheart.) Todays contestant is the Toscana- sausage, arugula, canellini beans, penne, mushrooms, and a broth-based sauce. Delish.
  • A good cup of tea, and some TV on the couch with the hubby. Doesn't get much better than that. Ciao!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still tired from Sunday, and going to rehearsal on Monday night when it was still light out was _weird_!