Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Melissa's Miscellany is Married!

I'm back! It was a great day. We had gorgeous weather, everyone was happy and excited, and I loved the ceremony and reception. They were relaxed, fun, and family-oriented, which is exactly what we were going for. One of the babies was talking to himself all the way through the ceremony, which I loved, because it made me so much more relaxed. Our nephew ran laps around the church for the whole ceremony, which drove my sister-in-law nuts, as she missed a lot, but that's what two year olds do, right?

The reception was pretty perfect too. The food was delicious (what I ate of it...everyone always tells you that you won't eat at your own wedding, and I didn't), the music was good, everyone found someplace to sit or stand or lounge, lots of different people interacted with each other, and there was a lot of love in the room. My perfect kind of party.

Our honeymoon was good times as well. Here are some images of my favourite parts:

The boardwalk behind our Old New Orleans themed hotel.


Our cute navy-blue Yaris.

Epcot! My favourite place in Disney.

The super-cute salamanders that were everywhere in Orlando & Sarasota. They moved so fast!

Other things I loved about our honeymoon:
  • swimming daily, either at the beach or in our private pool (private, b/c we never saw anyone else there)
  • tons of reading
  • Olive Garden, which we sadly don't have in this part of Canada anymore
  • the sun
  • doing nothing with the hubby
  • outlet shopping
  • Target
All in all, it was a great day and a great week. I was thrown back into the deep end today (summer sales conference at work, had to rush to school in the afternoon b/c I was informed that I have to teach on Friday, and I needed to figure out what the heck was going on, the fact that I have to teach on Friday), but it's all good fun. Life is great, and lots of interesting things coming up! Drinks & Evil Dead marathon on Friday, Evil Dead the Musical on Saturday, one of my co-workers got engaged in Greece last week, starting school on Tuesday...life is very good.

0 comments: