Sunday, September 28, 2008

Things currently exciting me:

  • My new personal trainer, Tyler. No, not the person, thank you very much, but the concept. And as the hubby is doing semi-private sessions with me, no drooling for me. I've been working out on my own for awhile and not seeing serious results, so I think it's time for some professional help. We start on Wednesday.
  • Tuesday and Wednesday. Rosh Hashanah, which means no school for me, as my new uni closes for all of the major Jewish holidays. Having those days off school means that I get to have a peaceful week at work where I get lots of stuff done, and I get to do less commuting. Sounds good to me.
  • Babies. It was our nephew's birthday this week, and along with his super cute two-year-old self, there was another adorable baby at his party. Needless to say, I stole her for about 20 minutes (much to her daddy's excitement, as he was wifeless and wanted a break) and very much enjoyed a cuddle. At the party, I could see on my SIL's face today, as she was holding the baby, that's she's ready for another, so hopefully that will happen soon. Don't think that our nephew is too chuffed about the idea, but he'll get used to it. And one of my favourite people (not saying who, 'cause it's still a secret) called last night to tell us that she's pregnant, which is fantastic. So bloody excited! Now if they could only move to Toronto so we could babysit more easily... My boss is due in January too, so I get to be in the middle of baby central. So fun!
  • Cooking. We haven't had a weekend without major plans since, oh, June (literally. No jokes), so this weekend, being plan-less, I decided that it was time to get back into a serious cooking groove. I made my favourite Chicken Marsala last night(422 reviews and it gets 5 stars, so it must be good), and I'm making roast beef tonight. I miss making real food when I'm so busy (it's easy to fall back on pasta and soup), so I'm taking the chance to spend some time in the kitchen while I can. I'm also thoroughly enjoying using our new pots & pans and knives, which we got as wedding presents. There's nothing quite like having good quality, easy to use kitchen implements. Well, those of you who don't enjoy cooking could probably care less, but the rest of you know what I mean.

0 comments: