Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Recap

Prezzies, turkey, family, fun, and normal random goofy cousin nonsense on Boxing Day. That's pretty much been the past three days, with lots of driving and a bit of shopping thrown in for good measure (hello, $27 cashmere sweaters, anyone? I swear, I never want to wear anything else.)

Today is final packing up, and then off to Florida. This trip will be my first time going south in the winter, and after the past few months of extreme exposure to the Canadian winter in the form of picketing, I'm very much going to enjoy it. Of course, I'm already getting prepared for the Jan. 5 return to the lines (mostly in the form of these puppies, borrowed from Colleen), but once I get to the airport, I'm not thinking about it. Rhianon & DaemonQ are on their way, and will arrive in Tampa around the same time that we do. They've been driving since about 2:00 yesterday afternoon, so I'm expecting the final hour between Tampa and Sarasota to be mad jokes. 24 hours in a car, even with the one you love, is bound to make you a bit punchy. MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL & the baby are already down there, so it'll be a full house when we arrive.

Hope that you all had a great holiday season, and will have a great New Year's Eve. Don't do anything I wouldn't do (which gives you pretty free license, considering that I made it exactly to midnight last year and no later. I promise to be less of a disaster this year.)

2 comments:

Mariecel said...

Hope you have fun in Florida! =)

Rhianon said...

haha punchy... Nah it was just quiet as we were both exhausted and starving and trying to stay awake! hehe.