Friday, February 06, 2009

It's going around...

No, not the flu. Rather, the current Facebook meme that everyone from P.E.I. to California seems to be doing. My turn. Rules: You are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. You then have to request that your friends write the same meme, so that you can find out 25 random things about them. Go.

1. I am a natural born speed reader. An average novel will take me about two hours.

2. I don't really mind the nights when the movie is the hubby's choice and it's an action flick. I secretly love them.

3. I have no visual memory whatsoever. I don't remember things or faces, rather just the feeling that I get from people or things.

4. I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, they're always weird and make me wake unsettled.

5. I've probably read Pride & Prejudice 50 times, the first when I was about 13.

6. I am a kick-ass cook, and I'm only getting better. It's my favourite hobby.

7. If you put a picture of me when I was five next to a picture of my dad when he was five, you'd think that we were fraternal twins.

8. I look just like my dad, but my personality is a combination of both my parents. The good parts of both, I hope.

9. I've known my husband since we were 16 years old, but we didn't start dating until seven years later.

10. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 24.

11. The most peaceful places in the world for me are sitting with the hubby, and the San-mon Gate at Chion-in in Kyoto. Nobody does Zen like the Japanese. Go at sunset and stay awhile.

12. I love babies, puppies and kittens--yes, in that order--but I'm happy to play with other people's until I can have my own.

13. Real estate hunting is my favourite past-time, along with watching HGTV, which I consider research.

14. I can't wait for September, when an amazing year will start: I will get paid to read for a year. How fabulous is that?

15. Very little makes me unhappy other than myself. I can generally make the best of any situation, almost to the point of naivete.

16. I am also completely lacking in cynicism.

17. If I'm busy, I'm very very busy, and very very happy. If I'm not busy, I'm miserable, and useless.

18. If I wasn't going to be a prof, I'd want to be a cooking show host/cookbook writer, photographer, interior designer, or writer. I plan on going all of these things at some point, whether as a hobby or a job.

19. It still has not completely sunk in that I am married. I'm not Mrs. C--that's my mum-in-law.

20. The older I get, the more amazing friends I have. I'm a lucky gal.

21. I'm a carnivore. Whack the cow on the head and send it through--that's how I like my meat.

22. I've only ever broken one bone in my body--my left wrist, the very first time I tried riding a bike without training wheels.

23. I am married to the most loved person I've ever known. It's ridiculous, and amazing. People just go nuts for him.

24. I've never hated being tall. Or having big feet. Or being clumsy. That's just me!

25. I'm still waiting to find my great talent. I'm not a dancer, an athlete, an artist...but there are still so many possibilities.

2 comments:

Mariecel said...

Wow! I wish I could still read quickly, although my fastest was, on average, only four hours. =(
I just got an email that the three VSI books I had special-ordered a week and a half ago are ready for pickup. So excited!

Melissa Dalgleish said...

I have big plans to stock up on some VSIs this week...I need to read Wittgenstein, Postmodernism, Barthes, and any others I can find that might help me with school. So fun! We have a huge rack of them at the school bookstore, and they're so fun to browse.