Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

So I was reading this article in The Globe and Mail (I always read the Facts & Arguments column, although it's often not very good, but it's just what I do) and at the end, thought to myself, "Hmmm...that Phoenix band sounds promising. Must go check them out." Then I remembered that some friends had music they wanted to share, went to check it out, and lo and behold, there was Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix.

I've only had it for about 20 minutes, but this is good! Love Like a Sunset II is amazing--I've pasted a video for it below. And there's an Animal Collective remix? Must go find. Oh, how I love good music. Makes the world a better place. Now if only I wasn't dead broke, tired, and trying to write a 25 minute seminar on archetypes of heroic leadership in 2/3 Henry 6 and Harry Potter as understood by Northrop Frye (can you tell that I'm trying to make this a little less painful by randomly inserting things I like to write about into a Shakespeare seminar?) in time to go out on Thursday night (seminar is due to be presented Friday morning.) This helps, though.

0 comments: