Saturday, September 29, 2007

A new record for Mel

For those of you who watch What Not to Wear, this will make sense: you know when certain participants in the show go out on their first day of shopping with their shiny $5,000 Bank of America card, they freak out when the bill comes to $800, and they exclaim "Oh my God, I've never spent this much money at one time before!!"? That was me today. It wasn't necessarily the individual bills that were so shocking, but in total, it was scary. I have never spent as much money in one day before. That being said, it was damn fun, and the hubby and I are well kitted out for our move, which looks to be happening on Tuesday.

Let me see, what did I get today? Here goes:

  • dining room table and six chairs. Total steal, got the last chairs in the store before they sold out, and they're gorgeous --dark solid wood, classic parsons style table and ladder back chairs
  • gorgeous chocolate brown quilted duvet cover and shams, coordinating caramel bed-skirt, and three beautiful silk and velvet throw pillows in my favourite shade of watery blue, two with stripes, one with embroidery
  • two sets of sheets
  • programmable coffee maker --key for having the coffee ready when you wake up in the morning
  • cordless kettle
  • toaster
  • wine glasses -- 12 for $7: how can you go wrong?
  • Tupperware
  • cutting boards -- one is bamboo, which is neat
  • cookie sheets
  • roasting tin
  • placemats
  • mop & bucket
  • broom and dustpan -- I love the dustpan, as it has a handle that enables you to use it without having to crouch down on the floor
  • assorted cleaning products
  • assorted paper products
  • dishwasher detergent -- Not so exciting, and yet is exciting as I have a dishwasher, which is thrilling
  • assorted kitchen utensils
  • four fluffy, cozy, huge bath sheets, also in chocolate brown
  • shower curtain, also in my favourite blue
  • matching hand towels
  • tea towels
  • an over-the-door hook for the bathroom to hang our robes and towels on, which is quite cute and chrome-y
  • goodness knows what else, because we went nuts, and I can't remember everything!
Now, the next part is getting all of this stuff to the apartment; I've also got three bookshelves, two end tables, about eight million books, a loveseat, a coffee table, dishes, a few other small appliances, a microwave, and a mattress to get over there. Tuesday is going to be a looooong day.

0 comments: